|Checklist for Reviewing a Mission Statement
Academic Year:______________ _______________________________
The purpose of this checklist is to help you determine if the mission statement is effective and clearly defines the mission of the department/program.
- Is your mission statement brief and memorable?
- Does it clearly state the purpose of the program?
- Does it indicate the primary functions or activities of the program?
- Does it indicate who the stakeholders are? Does it include language about expected competencies of graduates?
- Does it clearly support the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the Institute and the mission of the school?
- Does it address standards of accrediting agencies?
- Is it realistic and achievable considering existing realities?